דפים

Friday, February 13, 2015

I forgot to do my practice yesterday

All of the sudden, in the middle of the day, I remembered that I forgot to do my Qi Gong practice yesterday....
Which proves to me that 11 days of consecutive practice is not enough to set a new habit.
So today, I am starting to count from 1 again.

I'm not in a hurry, I want to do my 100 days of practice. To complete a challenge which I have chosen for myself.
And there's no point in explaining to myself why I forgot to practice, and how I was doing really well. The explanations do not change the fact that yesterday I did not practice. Or the fact that I've practiced for 11 days (+ a few more days before I actually set the challenge up) and on the 12'th day I forgot.
Yes, I practiced yoga yesterday. And yes, the yoga and the Qi Gong have same origin and same key elements:  breath combined with movement and awareness. And yes, I even sat down yesterday for a few moments of quiet, but I did not do my Qi Gong exercises. I forgot. 
I'm guessing two glasses of wine over dinner, which ended up late, didn't help me to remember, and yet, in this moment today I choose to start counting from 1 again.

Other than that, in my practice this week I felt much more connected to the exercises I'm performing and I've realised that I feel better for it.
For example, in the last month prior to this challenge I've suffered from wrist pain, probably due to inappropriate hand stand practice, and on the second day of this challenge the pain has totally disappeared and hasn't come back.
Also, I got my monthly period yesterday, right on time and without any pre menstrual symptoms whatsoever, which is always a sign for a good flow of qi in your body.
Without this challenge I would have told myself that it's ok that I skipped my Qi Gong exercise yesterday because you need to take it easy in this time of the month. And even though it is perfectly fine that I didn't do my practice yesterday, I'm still starting this challenge again.

It feels really good to have this reason to get right back to the practice, even if it is only to prove to myself that I can totally practice 100 consecutive days of Qi Gong.
No matter what.

Are you enjoying your challenge?

With love
Miri

No comments:

Post a Comment