דפים

Sunday, February 1, 2015

No more excuses - and a new challenge

When I got pregnant with Razi I somehow stopped writing for this blog.
And I have millions of reasons why and how it just didn't work out, and today - I'm choosing to write again.

I'm choosing to commit to my own happiness again.
To strive consciously towards the better feeling emotions and to give myself longer stretches of joyous times.
I'm talking about those moments when I feel so happy I can barely contain all that love. When my eyes get all teary from excitement, and I KNOW it is all good.
These are the moments I wish to experience more of, instead of the ones filled with things I "need" to do, guilt for not doing enough and feelings of low self esteem.

So I am writing this today in spite of the excuses.
And in order to help myself get back on track, I chose a new challenge for myself:
100 days of Qi Gong.

I practice Qi Gong, but not regularly.
And I love this practice. It is simple, doesn't require too much effort and is very very effective.
It is calming, gets the blood flowing, healing and much more.
And surprisingly enough, to actually get its benefits, you have to practice...
It is not enough to know it, I have to practice it :-)

I know I can practice 10 minutes a day.
There is no preparation needed, I already know exactly which breathing and visualising exercises I am going to be doing, so all I need to do is to take a moment for myself (when razush is asleep), stand up and practice.

Would you like to join me?
My goal - perseverance 
I have already made countless of resolutions in the past couple of years and started too many projects which are waiting for me to get back to.
So what I really care about at the moment is the daily practice, and not so much what the actual practice is.
Just the act of doing what I know would be beneficial for me and choosing to give it time - that's what I need right now, to follow through.
(And then the benefits of the actual practice on top of that)

Do you feel like developing a new habit? and doing that thing you've been thinking of for a while?
Now is the time :-)

My plan is to practice (without a clock) 10 minutes a day for 49 days in a row,
Then to rest for one day,
Then to practice for another 49 days in a raw,
And then to rest for another day.
Together - 100 days of happy practice
(As I learned from the Spring Forest Qi Gong)

I'm excited :-)
I've practiced today and planned my daily practice so I wouldn't have to think about it (and have another excuse for not practicing)
And the count starts tomorrow!

Don't forget to tell me what's the challenge you chose for yourself and to set a reminder on your phone. 
I promise to keep you updated

Lots of love
Miri


My cutest excuse

No comments:

Post a Comment